Hadassah Organoid Center
Head of the lab
Organoids - "A new window into disease and drug discovery"
Hadassah Organoid center, established in 2020, aims to develop a versatile platform based on the Organoid Technology, accessible to academic and pharmaceutical scientists.
Organoids are novel, self-organizing 3D structures, derived from human tissue samples, that form higher similarity to human tissue structure and physiology than classical in vitro models
- Expanded, frozen and thawed on demand
- Grown in a relatively short period of time allowing rapid results
- Allows high throughput drug screening
- Fast-track process for ethics committee approval
The Hadassah Organoid Bank
A biorepository of human tissue-derived organoids, from both healthy and diseased areas:
- Head and Neck
- Small intestine
- Additional tissue models on request